Interested in seeing your work appear on Black Pearl Collective? AWESOME! The topics we’re looking to cover are below, they will help you understand the type of articles and videos we are publishing to engage our members.
Please follow the guidelines below for the format and submission process. Once your submission has been reviewed and accepted you will be contacted by email with further instructions on the publication of your piece.
The full website launches August 2018. In order for your work and member profile to be published on the site on that date, all content must be submitted no later than July 14, 2018 by 6:00pm EST. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
We are making a big deal about our launch contributors. HUGE! So you definitely want your work to be submitted by the deadline.
Things to remember before submitting your guest post:
- Article Quality: Articles/Essays should be a minimum of 800 words and should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles.
- Credit: Black Pearl Collective respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Screenshot + Video: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it. If you are writing tutorials, take a screenshot. If you are writing conversational topics, use Flickr to find lively and related images.
- If you are a video blogger, you can submit your video through your Youtube or Vimeo channel. Just create a video, drop the link in your submission email. Once accepted, you can send us the zip file with the video for our platform.
- Self-promotion: We admire shameless promotion, but we ask that you submit a genuine contribution. We will honor your contribution in your profile by linking all of your social media channels in your member profile (you get a free membership read below for details). We’re here to build a brand along with you.
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from Black Pearl Collective. By submitting a post to Black Pearl Collective, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any DMCA related issues.
- Comment: We direct all of our members to our FB page to discuss articles and other content. We strongly encourage you to join in the conversation and build a relationship with our readers, after all, they are your readers too!
Contributor Submission Guidelines:
- We are always in search of highly relatable, informational, and instructional content.
- Articles/Essays should be a minimum of 800 words and a max of 1200 words.
- Lists and short essays (under 1200 words) work best.
- Video submissions must all be in .mp4 format
- Video series need to have six videos total with a minimum of 2 minutes in length per video
- Video docu-series need to have four videos minimum with each video at 20 minutes in length minimum
- Video tutorials need to be at least 5 minutes in length
- Personal anecdotes and specific personal stories are published under our opinion segment of the site.
- We strive for original content, but make exceptions SOMETIMES for content that has been previously published.
- If a post has previously run, please also include the link to where it appears online.
- Paste your post directly in the body of your email or a link to a google doc (google docs is our preferred method of submission)
- Please do not double space after periods or between paragraphs.
- Please utilize a 14pt Helvetica or Times New Roman Font
- If you are submitting a photo for the content, it should be high resolution (750px) and landscape size (horizontal). Please send the original photograph rather than Instagram image.
- Please include the name of the photographer to be credited for the photograph
- Include a 20 - 150 words bio with your submission
- Include a high resolution picture of yourself (750px)
- No pixelated pictures, no IG pics, no phone pics, no selfies
- Include your social channels and blog address (hyperlinked, please!)
We do not pay for submissions as we are still in startup mode, but we have a sweet deal that we offer our contributors, FREE membership. When you join us as a contributor, you gain a free FOUR-month membership from August 2018 through December 2018. As part of your membership you will have a full member profile and access to our member directory, articles, videos, curated events and other resources. If you want to continue your membership we will also sweeten the deal by giving you a $100 discount off of our regular membership fee.
Due to the high number of submissions we’ve been receiving, you will hear from us by March 2018 if we have decided to run your content. If you do not hear from us within that time frame, please feel free to submit a different piece again.
- Black Pearl Collective Team -
- At least one social media post must be posted once a week for 18 weeks (April 21, 2018 to August 18, 2018)
- You may post more than once a week
- Influencer must create their own infographic and/or for each social media post
- All twenty posts must be original every week
- You may work with another influencer and switch graphics/posts to utilize on your own accounts
- All influencers must create a posting schedule to be shared with BPC
- Influencers who fail to post three times on their platforms will be removed from the program and the free six month membership will be null and void.
We do not pay for campaigns as we are still in startup mode, but we have a sweet deal that we offer our contributors, FREE membership. When you join us as a Muse, you gain a free SIX-month membership from August 2018 through February 2018. As part of your membership you will have a full member profile and access to our member directory, articles, videos, curated events and other resources.